The content on Smart Spin is carefully researched, collected, curated and edited carefully by our team of “Smart Authors”. We give very close attention to the quality and suitability of everything we deliver to learners for an experience that is productive, informative and fun as much as it is appropriate and relevant. It is aimed for a young audience of age 12 and above (though we welcome smart curious minds of any age).
While we meticulously review and vet the materials we host or link to, we cannot always ensure a sterile environment, especially when we incorporate content by third-parties.
For example, many of the videos we present are not produced by us and what the include is not under our control. We cannot take responsibility for what they contain, but do our best to prevent anything inappropriate. Rarely, there may be instances of mild foul language, scary or lurid imagery, depiction of violence and weapons, drug use mentions, sex references, and the like. If indeed there are any instances unsuitable for a young audience, they are few and far between and escaped our process of careful validation. We apologize in advance for any such instance and appreciate bringing it to our attention so that we can correct or remove any unsuitable content that you may come across.
Please also note that Smart Spin does not include any links to external website, other than in embedded content. Something Smart does present affiliate links for our recommendations and references.
What personal information do we collect from the people that visit our blog, website or app?
When ordering or registering on our site you, as an adult educator or parent, may be asked to enter your name, email address and payment information. We also track IP address Use Analytics, or other related details, for any visitor of the website, to improve your experience and our service.
When do we collect information?
We collect information from you when you register on our site, place an order, subscribe to a newsletter, fill out a form or enter information on our site.
How do we use your information?
We may use the information we collect from you when you register, make a purchase, sign up for our newsletter, respond to a survey or marketing communication, surf the website, or use certain other site features in the following ways:
- To personalize your experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested.
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature.
- To quickly process your transactions.
- To ask for ratings and reviews of services or products
- To follow up with them after correspondence (live chat, email or phone inquiries)
We use analytics data to inform our developers and designers so that they are better able to develop new functions and fix existing ones, and design new features.
How do we protect your information?
Our website is scanned on a regular basis for security holes and known vulnerabilities in order to make your visit to our site as safe as possible.
We use regular Malware Scanning.
Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. In addition, all sensitive/credit information you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
We implement a variety of security measures when a user places an order enters, submits, or accesses their information to maintain the safety of your personal information.
All transactions are processed through a gateway provider and are not stored or processed on our servers.
Do we use ‘cookies’?
- Understand and save user’s preferences for future visits.
- Compile aggregate data about site traffic and site interactions in order to offer better site experiences and tools in the future. We may also use trusted third-party services that track this information on our behalf.
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser settings. Since browser is a little different, look at your browser’s Help Menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies.
If users disable cookies in their browser:
If you turn cookies off, Some of the features that make your site experience more efficient may not function properly. Some of the features that make your site experience more efficient and may not function properly.
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your Personally Identifiable Information unless we provide users with advance notice. This does not include website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or serving our users, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release information when it’s release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others’ rights, property or safety.
However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third-party products or services on our website. These third-party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
We have implemented the following:
We, along with third-party vendors such as Google use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookies) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) or other third-party identifiers together to compile data regarding user interactions with ad impressions and other ad service functions as they relate to our website.
California Online Privacy Protection Act
According to CalOPPA, we agree to the following:
Can change your personal information:
- By logging in to your account
Does our site allow third-party behavioral tracking?
It’s also important to note that we allow third-party behavioral tracking
COPPA (Children Online Privacy Protection Act)
When it comes to the collection of personal information from children under the age of 13 years old, the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) puts parents in control. The Federal Trade Commission, United States’ consumer protection agency, enforces the COPPA Rule, which spells out what operators of websites and online services must do to protect children’s privacy and safety online.
We market to and collect information from children under 13.
In order to remove your child’s information please contact the following personnel:
We adhere to the following COPPA tenants:
- We will not require a child to disclose more information than is reasonably necessary to participate in an activity.
- Parents can review their child’s personal information, direct us to delete it, and refuse to allow any further collection or use of the child’s information.
- Parents can agree to the collection and use of their child’s information, but still not allow disclosure to third-parties unless that’s part of the service.
- Parents can review, delete, manage or refuse with whom their child’s information is shared through through account settings on our website contacting us directly.
- Parents can give consent by use a credit card, debit card, or other online payment system that provides notification of each separate transaction to the account holder or contacting us directly.
Fair Information Practices
The Fair Information Practices Principles form the backbone of privacy law in the United States and the concepts they include have played a significant role in the development of data protection laws around the globe. Understanding the Fair Information Practice Principles and how they should be implemented is critical to comply with the various privacy laws that protect personal information.
In order to be in line with Fair Information Practices we will take the following responsive action, should a data breach occur:
We will notify you via email
- Within 7 business days
We also agree to the Individual Redress Principle which requires that individuals have the right to legally pursue enforceable rights against data collectors and processors who fail to adhere to the law. This principle requires not only that individuals have enforceable rights against data users, but also that individuals have recourse to courts or government agencies to investigate and/or prosecute non-compliance by data processors.
CAN SPAM Act
The CAN-SPAM Act is a law that sets the rules for commercial email, establishes requirements for commercial messages, gives recipients the right to have emails stopped from being sent to them, and spells out tough penalties for violations.
We collect your email address in order to:
- Send information, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions
- Process orders and to send information and updates pertaining to orders.
- Send you additional information related to your product and/or service
- Market to our mailing list or continue to send emails to our clients after the original transaction has occurred.
To be in accordance with CANSPAM, we agree to the following:
- Not use false or misleading subjects or email addresses.
- Identify the message as an advertisement in some reasonable way.
- Include the physical address of our business or site headquarters.
- Monitor third-party email marketing services for compliance, if one is used.
- Honor opt-out/unsubscribe requests quickly.
- Allow users to unsubscribe by using the link at the bottom of each email.
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, you can get in touch with us from the About page
Last Edited on the 4th of March, 2018
By accessing this web site, you are agreeing to be bound by these web site Terms and Conditions of Use, all applicable laws and regulations, and agree that you are responsible for compliance with any applicable local laws. If you do not agree with any of these terms, you are prohibited from using or accessing this site. The materials contained in this web site are protected by applicable copyright and trademark law.
2. Use License
- Permission is granted to view information on Smart Spin’s web site for personal, non-commercial transitory viewing only. This is the grant of a license, not a transfer of title, and under this license you may not:
- modify or copy the materials;
- use the materials for any commercial purpose, or for any public display (commercial or non-commercial);
- attempt to decompile or reverse engineer any software contained on Smart Spin’s web site;
- remove any copyright or other proprietary notations from the materials; or
- transfer the materials to another person or “mirror” the materials on any other server.
- This license shall automatically terminate if you violate any of these restrictions and may be terminated by Smart Spin at any time. Upon terminating your viewing of these materials or upon the termination of this license, you must destroy any downloaded materials in your possession whether in electronic or printed format.
The materials on Smart Spin’s website are provided “as is”. Smart Spin makes no warranties, expressed or implied, and hereby disclaims and negates all other warranties, including without limitation, implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of intellectual property or other violation of rights. Further, Smart Spin does not warrant or make any representations concerning the accuracy, likely results, or reliability of the use of the materials on its Internet web site or otherwise relating to such materials or on any sites linked to this site.
Smart Spin assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in the contents on the Service. In no event shall Smart Spin be liable for any special, direct, indirect, consequential, or incidental damages or any damages whatsoever, whether in an action of contract, negligence or other tort, arising out of or in connection with the use of Smart Spin or the contents of Smart Spin. Smart Spin reserve the right to make additions, deletions, or modification to the contents of Smart Spin at any time without prior notice.
Smart Spin contains links to and information and content from third parties, such as external websites and information sources that are not provided or maintained by or in any way affiliated with Smart Spin. Please note that Smart Spin does not take responsibility for any links, information and content included, featured, presented or contained in Smart Spin, and do not guarantee the accuracy, appropriateness, relevance, timeliness, or completeness of any of the links, information or content of or from third parties.
In no event shall Smart Spin or its suppliers be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of data or profit, or due to business interruption,) arising out of the use or inability to use the materials on Smart Spin’s Internet site, even if Smart Spin or a Smart Spin authorized representative has been notified orally or in writing of the possibility of such damage. Because some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on implied warranties, or limitations of liability for consequential or incidental damages, these limitations may not apply to you.
5. Revisions and Errata
The materials appearing on Smart Spin’s web site could include technical, typographical, or photographic errors. Smart Spin does not warrant that any of the materials on its web site are accurate, complete, or current. Smart Spin may make changes to the materials contained on its web site at any time without notice. Smart Spin does not, however, make any commitment to update the materials.
Smart Spin has not reviewed all of the sites linked to its Internet web site and is not responsible for the contents of any such linked site. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by Smart Spin of the site. Use of any such linked web site is at the user’s own risk.
8. Governing Law
Any claim relating to Smart Spin’s web site shall be governed by the laws of the United Kingdom without regard to its conflict of law provisions.